Join us for a week of PLACARD events in Brussels! Our workshops will explore ways for the climate change adaptation (CCA) and disaster risk reduction (DRR) communities to agree on future actions and how to measure progress; and investigate the value of using strategic narratives to integrate the work of the two communities.
Joining forces: PLACARD CCA & DRR workshop
24 October 2017, 09:30–17:45
Red Cross EU Office, Brussels
Risks, vulnerabilities and solutions are framed differently in the CCA and DRR communities, resulting in diverging policy, planning processes and practice in Europe. Our workshop aims to use synergies between international, European and national policies focusing on CCA and DRR in order to:
- Provide an overview of existing information on institutional capacity to address CCA and DRR at different scales;
- Give room for discussion on how institutions working in CCA and DRR can enhance cooperation;
- Present examples of good practice at the forefront of integrating and mainstreaming CCA and DRR into policies, institutional arrangements and practices.
Using strategic narratives to help integrate CCA & DRR
25–26 October 2017
JPI Climate / Belspo, Brussels
Join us for a two-day workshop to explore the development and use of strategic narratives to integrate CCA and DRR communities. Our focus is on landscape management for wildfires and on community preparedness for floods. Integration will help to enhance resilience to weather-related extreme events, decrease intervention costs and promote effective actions.
Participants will benefit from:
- learning about the characteristics and context for using strategic narratives in CCA and DRR
- an insight into terminology and framings that can influence narratives
- experience with tools to support the use of narratives for collaboration.