PLACARD interchange – PLAtform for Climate Adaptation and Risk reDuction – is an online hub for dialogue, knowledge exchange and collaboration between the climate change adaptation (CCA) and disaster risk reduction (DRR) communities. Find out more…
Our latest policy brief highlights the complex nature of environmental challenges and recommends integration of ecosystem-based approaches within CCA and DRR science, policy and practice. Find out more…
To help us improve communication and knowledge exchange between the CCA and DRR communities, we’ve opened an online dialogue focusing on Foresight activities in CCA and DRR.
24–25 October 2016, Vienna
Our next workshop will identify long-term trends that could have implications for DRR and CCA research, policy and practice. We also aim to develop recommendations for policy and decision-makers. Find out more…
Our workshop in Brussels explored our aims and plans for the project over the next four years. Find out more…
- 04–06 Oct 2016: 7th Annual Meeting of the European Forum for Disaster Risk Reduction, Helsinki
- 04 Oct 2016: 3rd RAMSES stakeholder dialogue – vulnerabilities, economic gains and transformative potential of cities, Rome
- 13 Oct 2016: International day for disaster reduction
- 26–28 Oct 2016: Joint expert meeting on disaster loss data, Paris
- 24–25 Oct 2016: PLACARD Foresight Workshop – How can foresight help to reduce vulnerability to climate-related hazards?
- 07–18 Nov 2016: UNFCCC COP22, Marrakech
- 06–08 Jun 2017: 3rd European Climate Change Adaptation Conference 2017 (ECCA), Glasgow
- 12–14 Sep 2017: Advances in Extreme Value Analysis and application to Natural Hazards (EVAN), Southampton